* visa renewal
Extend your visa
If your stay is less than 6 months you will be able to extend your visa. For example, if you apply for a 3-month visa, you can extend it for another 3 months.
If you are receiving personal treatment in the UK
You can extend your visa for another 6 months if:
- You have paid for all the treatments you have had in the UK so far.
- You will pay more for your treatment and you have this ability.
- Continue to comply with the eligibility requirements.
- You must also have a UK-registered medical professional or NHS consultant to provide the following qualifications:
- Evidence of your personal medical advice or treatment arrangements.
- A letter stating how long your treatment is likely to last.
- Details of your treatment progress, if already started.
How to extend your visa
You will need to apply for a visa extension online.
How long does it take
The decision will be announced 8 weeks after your visa extension is requested.
If you have a different and complex situation and you encounter a problem, this step will take longer. For example:
- If you need confirmation of supporting documents.
- If you must attend the interview.
- If you have complex personal circumstances (for example, if you have a criminal record).
You can stay in the UK after your visa application is registered and until the decision is announced.