UK short-stay visas
A UK short-stay visa is a temporary entry permit for UK nationals holding this type of visa. Depending on the type of visa, there are many reasons to visit for a maximum of 6 months or 12 months, based on which you may be able to obtain your desired visa.
What are the types of UK short-stay visas?
Depending on your purpose of visiting the UK, the following types of short-stay visas to stay in the UK are listed below:
Travel document from your home country, for example you are a refugee or a stateless person
The UK Visitor Visa, also known as the Standard Visit Visa. Issued to visit relatives or a friend of yours, or for tourism. You must obtain this visa if you expect to participate in a creative or sports activity or in private intensive care.
You are not allowed to work or self-employed sub-occupations while in the UK on a visitor visa. It is not possible to participate in a curriculum for more than 30 days, as long as this activity; Not one of your main activities.
UK short-term student visa
A short-term study visa in the UK is issued to participate in a short-term study or training program in the UK, which can last from 6 months to 11 months.
You can not enroll in a full-time study program or get a job in the UK with this visa.
UK transit visa
With a UK transit visa, you can travel through the UK to a different country for up to 48 hours. Different rules apply depending on the length of stay in the UK when crossing and whether or not you are eligible for a check at the UK border.
Authorized payment (with income) UK
A UK Paid Participation Visa is issued for a short-term, up to 1 month work as a specialist in a particular field of work.
You can not work in another job or do things that involve self-employment. Studying with this visa is allowed as long as it does not last more than 30 days and does not affect your activity that this visa has been granted to you.
UK marriage visitor visa
If you want to get married in the UK for less than 6 months, you can get a marriage visitor visa.
You will not be able to work or apply for self-employment with this visa, but you can study and not be based in the UK for more than 30 days.
Visa for parents of 4th degree children
A 4th degree parent visa is issued to accompany your child who has a 4th degree child visa to visit the UK for a maximum of 6 to 12 months.
You can not work with this visa or do self-employment sub-items.
UK visa for Chinese tour groups
It is issued for a 30-day visit to the UK as part of the Chinese Tour Group’s Approved Destination Status Agreement (ADS).
You cannot be employed or self-employed while on this visa.
How long does it take to process a UK short-stay visa?
You will usually have to wait 3 weeks to receive a decision on your application for a UK short-stay visa.
When to apply for a UK short-stay visa?
It is recommended that you start obtaining this visa 30 days before your trip.
What are the requirements for a UK short-stay visa?
In addition to the main documents required for a UK visa, the specific documents required to apply for a UK short-stay visa are:
- Recent bank statements as proof of sufficient financial resources.
- Letter of invitation from a resident of England. The host can be a friend or relative or a person working in the UK. This should be supported by documents that show the identity, nationality, address and financial status of such host.
- Evidence of your current situation.
- Your confirmation letter as a student (if you are a full-time student). This must be issued by a recognized education provider and confirm that you are a student. This must be accompanied by permission not to attend the study when traveling to the UK.
- Employment confirmation letter (if you are employed). This must be approved by your employer, who will confirm your employment and job position. This must also be supported by your absence from work during your stay in the UK.
- Business registration letters (if you are self-employed). These letters should show you as the owner of the business and the start date of your business.
- Proof of your reason for visiting the UK.
Tuberculosis test results (if you are from a country that should take this test).
What is the appropriate document format for UK short-stay visas?
The documents you provide to support your application for any UK short-stay visa must be original. When the original documents are in a foreign language, they must be translated into English or Welsh by authorized translators or authorized translation companies. These documents must certify in writing that the text has been accurately translated, including the translation date, details and contact information of the translator.