* Request an extension
You can apply for a Tier 5 visa (contract employee or artist or even athlete).
You must apply before your current visa expires.
You must follow the necessary steps to obtain the necessary conditions to receive this type of visa.
You must be in the UK to renew your visa.
How long can you stay?
(Actor and Creative)
You can extend your visa in any of the following ways that take less time:
- Up to 12 months.
- The period of time stated on the certificate of financial support plus 14 days.
- The maximum duration of your stay is 24 months, in other words 1 year.
You have to stay with the same sponsor.
You can extend your visa for 12 months or the period of your sponsorship certificate plus 14 days, whichever takes less time.
How to extend your visa
You can add your affiliates to your online application. Including children who have turned 18 during your stay.
You also have to pay 20 19.20 to get biometric information (fingerprints and photos) taken from you. After applying for the visa you will be told how to do it.
If your visa extension application is successful, you will receive a biometric residence permit.
How long does it take
The decision is made within 8 weeks.
If your request is complex and different, it will take longer, for example:
- If your supporting documents need to be verified.
- If you need to attend the interview.
- Because of your personal or criminal circumstances (for example, if you have a criminal conviction).
If your visa has not expired and you have applied for a visa extension, it will be possible for you to stay in the UK until the decision is announced.