UK General Grade 2 Visa (UK Immigrant Work Visa for Skilled Workforce)
What is a Grade 2 General Visa?
A Grade 2 General Work Visa is a UK work visa that is part of the UK Scoring System. The visa is issued to skilled workers outside the economic zone of Europe and Switzerland, while those who have a job offer for a skilled job or job on the UK shortfall list.
To be eligible to apply for this visa, you must have a job offer from a licensed sponsor in the UK. You must obtain a certificate of sponsorship issued by your employer as proof of this.
As a holder of a Grade 2 General Work Visa, you are allowed to travel outside the UK while on this visa. You can also bring your dependents to the UK on a 2nd degree visa to accompany you.
Who needs a UK Second Class Visa?
To be eligible for a public work visa in the UK, you must meet a number of eligibility criteria. These criteria are as follows:
- You need more than luck to succeed in affiliate business.
- You must use a job from a sponsoring employer in the UK for a skills job or one of the jobs on the shortlist.
- The minimum salary offered to you for a Grade 2 visa is Pound 30,000 a year.
In addition, since this visa is part of a points-based system, the applicant must also meet the following criteria and be able to earn points in any of these prerequisites, such as:
- Have 50 points in features.
- Have at least 10 points to know English.
- Be older than 16 years.
- Up to 10% of company shares when sponsored by a limited company. An exception to this is the case where the candidate has an annual salary of at least 159,600 pounds.
- It should not use any kind of public budget.
- Must not have a job in the UK other than as stated on the sponsor’s certificate, including complementary jobs and volunteer work.
- The condition is to have a certificate of approval of the University Technology Plan (ATAS).
When to apply for a UK Public Work Visa (Grade 2)?
The first time you can apply for a UK public work visa is 3 months before the date you are due to start work in the UK. This date is specified on your sponsorship certificate.
What are the documents required for a 2nd degree visa?
To apply for a Grade 2 visa, you must submit the required documents for each type of UK visa and provide the following documents that are specifically required for a Grade 2 visa:
- Grade 2 visa sponsorship letter from the employer. The certificate must have a reference number for a job in the UK issued by a licensed A-level sponsoring employer in the UK and accepted with a job title.
- Criminal record certificate. This document shows whether you have violated the law in recent years. You should get it from the competent authorities in your country.
- Tuberculosis test results. This certificate is only required if you live in a country where you have to take a test.
- Police registration certificate.
- Prove that you have the budget to support yourself in the UK.
Grade 2 visa application
You must complete the initial application process for a Grade 2 General Work Visa from outside the UK, more precisely than your home country.
You must first complete the online application on the UK Government Official Website. The online application form includes questions about your basic information and the purpose of your trip to the UK.
In the second step, prepare all the necessary documents for applying for a UK public work visa. Note that depending on your country of residence, you may also need to have a TB test and obtain a criminal record certificate. It is also necessary to pay extra for health.
Finally, if this is your first visit to the UK, you will need to make an appointment at the nearest UK application, embassy or consulate in your home country, where you will need to provide biometric information and a photo of yourself.
Change from a 4th degree student visa to a 2nd degree work visa
To change from a Grade 4 visa to a Grade 2 visa, you must have a Grade 4 student visa or a Grade 4 child visa. However, the following conditions must also be met:
- They have a bachelor’s or master’s degree from an educational institution in the UK.
- Study at a UK educational institution that has been awarded a certificate and a certificate as a Grade 4 sponsor.
Grade 2 public work visa funds
To support yourself and your dependents, you must provide the minimum savings you need. The minimum amount required is:
- 945 pounds for you
- Pound 630 per dependent
If your supporting employer supports your living and living expenses, you are exempt from this condition. In this case, you must provide a formal document from your sponsor as proof of this.
What is the validity of a 2nd degree public visa?
The validity of a 2nd degree public work visa is fixed, meaning that you can have this type of visa in the UK for a maximum of 5 years and 1 month, or 2 weeks after the end of the employment contract (as stated in your sponsorship service certificate). Stay in the UK, whichever is less.
Grade 2 visa support certificate
Certificate of financial support must be obtained from a labor organization or company licensed to support candidates. This is an electronic document with a reference number and contains all the details about you, the company, the job offered and the salary, as well as all the relevant dates.
This certificate can only be used once and only for one visa application. New applications require a new certificate.
Grade 2 visa extension
If you wish to stay longer in the UK for a skill job beyond your current visa, you can apply for an extension. This visa can be extended for another 5 years as the total stay is not longer than 6 years.
To be eligible to apply for an extension you must:
- Work for the same employer who issued the sponsorship certificate in the initial application.
- Have at least ،Pound 30,000 a year or a decent salary.
- Reside in the UK as a second-class visa holder
Settle in the UK as a second class visa holder.
If you have lived in the UK for at least five consecutive years with a Grade 2 General Visa, you can apply for an Residence Permit (ILR). You must meet the following conditions:
- Meet the requirements for a Grade 2 General Work Visa
- Prove that you are not present in the UK for a maximum of 180 days each year.
- Certificate of financial support from a reputable sponsor grade 2. The sponsor must either still have a license as a 2nd degree sponsor for the respective category, or wait for a decision on their application to renew it. This certificate must demonstrate the readiness of a sponsor to continue working for you for a specific period of time, with a specific salary.
- Adequate understanding of English and living in the UK.
- Have no record of staying longer in the UK.
Grade 2 general visa fees
The cost of a Grade 2 public visa depends on whether you are applying from inside or outside the UK, just like where your citizenship comes from, as there are different fees for citizens of Turkey and Northern Macedonia.
Keep in mind that the cost of applying for a UK visa changes almost regularly.
Well-known jobs under the Grade 2 visa
Occupations under the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF), which was launched in October 2015 for the sole purpose of assisting individuals in understanding all the qualifications regulated by the UK Home Office, which are general and professional in the UK, or profession In Northern Ireland, they are classified. These levels are classified according to their difficulty. Grade 2 work visa includes levels 4 and 6, RQF work level.