Rate this post

* Overview

* Eligibility

* Knowledge of English

* Documents you must provide

* How to apply

* Request an extension

* Change your current visa to this type of visa

* Family members

* Get a second job


Change your current visa to a Tier 2 (Athlete) work visa

You can change your visa to a second class (athlete) visa.

You must apply before your current visa expires.


You must meet the requirements for a second tier (athlete) and must be in the UK with the following visas:

  • Row visa 1
  • Double row visa
  • Double row visa (general)
  • Double row visa (religious)
  • Second row visa (intercompany transfer) under immigration rules before 6 April 2010 and that you have applied to change your sponsor.
  • Row 4 visa if you are eligible or have completed at least 12 months of doctoral studies.
  • Row 5 visa (temporary employee – creative and athlete) for a job as a professional footballer.

You can replace your visa with this type of visa if you meet the eligibility requirements and include one of the following two conditions:

  • Someone’s dependent partner (in terms of care) with a row 4 visa.
  • Representative of a business abroad.

If you do not fall into any of these categories, you must leave the UK and apply for a Tier 2 visa from outside the UK.

Requirements for a row 4 visa

You must be sponsored by a Category 4 licensed sponsor to obtain one of the following certifications:

  • Bachelor’s degree from the United Kingdom.
  • Master’s degree from the UK.
  • Bachelor’s degree in education (one or two years).
  • Postgraduate Diploma (one year course in Scotland).

PhD students

You must have completed at least 12 months of your education during your recent stay in the UK. This could be through a valid sponsor of a Tier 4 visa or another visa that allows you to study.

How long can you stay?

With a second row visa you can extend your stay in the UK for a total of 3 years and 14 days.

You must leave the UK after this time. You can only reapply for this visa under one of the following conditions.

  • 12 months have passed and your previous certificate of financial support has been granted for less than 3 months.
  • Be able to show that your gross annual salary is pounds 159,600 or more.

How to change your visa

You need to apply online as an individual or as a family group.

Biometric information

You have to pay pounds 19.20 to get your biometric information (fingerprints and photos). You will be told how to do this after you apply.

If your visa has been successfully extended, you will obtain your biometric residence permit.

how long does it take

Decisions are usually made at the following time intervals:

  • If you use standard services, the decision will be made within 8 weeks.
  • If you use priority services, the decision will be made within 10 working days.
  • If you use Super Priority Services, the decision will be made within one business day.

If your application is complex, it takes longer, for example:

  • If your supporting documents need to be verified.
  • If you need to attend the interview.
  • Because of your personal circumstances (for example, if you have a criminal conviction).

You can stay in the UK after applying for a visa as long as your visa application application expires before your visa expires.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments