UK Grade 4 Student Visa
What is a UK Grade 4 Student Visa?
A Grade 4 student visais for foreigners aged 4 to 17 who are attending a course at an independent school in the UK. Those who are eligible for education at level 2 or lower within the national framework can come to the UK with this type of visa.
This visa is also for completing a short introductory course before the main studies, as long as such studies are not pursued by higher education studies.
What are the prerequisites for a 4th grade student visa?
To be eligible as a suitable candidate for a Grade 4 student visa, you must meet the following basic prerequisites:
- Do not be a citizen of an EEA country or Switzerland.
- Pass the standard requirements for UK visa rejection.
- Admission Approval for Studies (CAS). You must have an unconditional offer of a place in a course at an independent school in the UK.
Your CAS must have the details of your passport and has never been revoked since its issuance.
- Grade 4 sponsor. The school you are offered a place to study should be among the UK’s 4th tier sponsors.
- Study requirements. Your studies must be at level 2 or lower within the eligible national framework. The course should be in accordance with the national curriculum, the framework for setting the qualifications and inspection standards of independent school education.
- Financial capacity. You must have enough money to cover your current expenses and education for each month of the study period for up to 9 months.
- Age requirement. You must be 4-17 years old to be eligible for a 4th grade child visa. In addition, you must be under the age of 12 for your parents or legal guardian to be able to accompany you on a Grade 4 student visa.
- Personal status. No one should depend on you. You should not have children.
- Register with UK police when you are in the UK (if eligible).
Dear readers who wish to come to the UK through study, we suggest that you also read the UK Grade 4 General Student Visa article. we suggest
How to apply for a 4th degree child visa?
When applying for a Grade 4 student visa, you need to follow the usual steps for any type of UK visa application. We suggest a dear reader who lives in the UK and wants a visa for his child to apply for a UK child visa article.
A Grade 4 child visa application must be submitted by:
- If you are applying from abroad: Earlier than 3 months before the start of the CoS employment period.
- If you are applying for an extension or change from within the UK: Apply before your 4th degree child visa expires.
You must travel to the UK with yourGrade 4 student visa 7 days before the start of a course of more than 6 months.
As part of the application, you may be invited to participate in a visa interview, also known as a validation test. In order to assess whether you are a real student, they ask you questions about your curriculum, the budget used for your studies and the information you have about where you live in the UK. The interview can be in-person, video or telephone.
The documents required to apply for a Grade 4 student visa are:
- Standard documents for applying for a UK visa.
- Documents to meet CAS prerequisites (30 points).
- Valid CAS number from an authorized sponsor ranked 4th. This must be issued no earlier than 6 months before the visa application date.
- Evidence of your education through which you qualified for CAS.
- Your qualifications so far.
- Copies of your records of such training.
- Alternative evidence you provided to a Grade 4 sponsor when applying for a place of study. This does not include your resources or portfolio, but your sponsor should provide details on how you assess your CAS.
- Documents to have proof
- No degree. If you qualify for the “Differentiation Arrangement”. You just have to indicate in the application form that you are eligible for such conditions.
- Confirmation of notification for receipt of letter sent by local UK authorities.
- Your biometric information. This will take 10 days after you arrive in the UK and includes your digital photos and fingerprint scan, if your stay in the UK is to last more than 6 months.
- The cost of immigration health. You have to pay Pound 150 per year to stay in the UK.
Note: If you are living independently (aged 16-17), your parents or legal guardian must prepare a letter in which they have approved your permission to live and travel alone.
What am I allowed to do in the UK on a 4th grade child visa?
With a Grade 4 Student Visa you can do the following activities during your stay in the UK:
- Study at an independent school in the UK for a place provided by CAS. Unless your working hours exceed 10 hours per week, or 20 hours per week during the holidays and you are 16 to 17 years old.
- Participate in an internship as a non-renewable part of your education. The duration of the placement should not exceed 50% of your full course, unless this is a mandatory requirement for the course (if you are only 16-17 years old).
- Work as a morning officer in the student union (maximum 2 years).
- Do a volunteer job (if you are 16 or older).
- Study in another course. You are allowed to study on any subject without permission, as long as it does not interfere with your overall progress in the main course you are studying.
- Get a Grade 4 sponsor (new or current sponsor) for your similar or new training course. This applies if you are already enrolled in a full-time independent school.
- Start a new course for the same Grade 4 sponsor. If you have successfully completed the education you came from the beginning, this is for you. You will need to apply for a visa extension after receiving the CAS from the sponsor for your new course and for your valid 4th grade student visa course.
What are the things I am not allowed to do in the UK with a 4th grade visa?
The following are activities that you are not allowed to do in the UK with a Grade 4 student visa:
- Work if you are under 16 years old.
- Get a permanent job.
- Become an entrepreneur.
- Use the public budget.
- Bring family members as dependents. If the child is under 12 years old, the parents or legal guardian can use the parents of a 4th degree child visa and stay until the child reaches the age of 12.
- Apply for unlimited leave to stay.
- Take a basic course before college.
How long can I stay in the UK on a 4th grade visa?
The following are the times you can be in the UK with a Grade 4 Child Visa:
- 16 years old: Course time (not more than 6 years) plus 4 months.
- 16-17 years old: Course time (not more than 3 years) plus 4 months.
Attention: After passing the course You can stay in the UK for up to four months.
- 18 years old: If you are studying with a 4th grade child visa, you have turned 18, you can continue your education until the validity of this visa. To stay in the UK for more than this period in order to continue your studies, you must apply for a Grade 4 General Student Visa. The period of stay with a 4th degree child visa after you reach the age of 18 and above, is allocated to the maximum period of study allowed for courses below the university level.
- If you get financial support. A course that the official sponsor allows you to continue studying for 4 months after graduation.
Grade 4 child visa application processing time
The following are periods of time you have to wait to decide whether to apply for a Grade 4 student visa.
- Upon application for a 4th degree child visa:up to 3 months.
- Extension or replacement of Grade 4 student visa applications:Maximum 8 weeks (standard service), maximum 10 days (essential service), on the same day you apply (premium service).
How much does it cost to apply for a Grade 4 Visa?
It costs Pound 348 to apply for a Grade 4 child visa. However, you should check the UK visa fee for any additional fees you have to pay.
Trajons experts and consultants will guide you in this with full transparency.