Rate this post

* Overview

* Eligibility

* Knowledge of English

* Documents you must provide

* How to apply

* Request an extension

*Change your current visa to this type of visa

* Family members

* Get a second job


Extend your visa

You may be able to apply for an extension of your stay in the UK on a Tier 2 (public) work visa.

Your application must include all the dependents on your current visa. This includes children who have turned 18 during your stay. They must also submit a separate request.

You must apply before your current visa expires.

Eligibility for a visa extension

You must have a current permit to enter or stay on a Tier 2 (General) work visa.

You must also meet the following conditions:

  • Your job must be the same as when you first received your permit to enter or stay in the UK.
  • You still have to work for the employers who sent you the certificate of financial support.
  • You still have to get the “right salary”.

You must be in the UK to renew your visa.

How long can you stay?

You can apply for a visa extension for another 5 years, as long as your total stay is not more than 6 years.

How to extend your visa

You must apply online (https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/tier2-general) as an individual or family group.

Biometric information

You also have to pay 20 19.20 to get biometric information (fingerprints and photos) taken from you. After applying for the visa you will be told how to do it.

If your visa extension application is successful, you will receive a biometric residence permit.

How long does it take to apply for a visa extension?

Decisions are made according to the type of service as follows:

  • If you use standard services, within 8 weeks from the date of your request.
  • If you use priority services, within 10 working days from the date of your request.
  • Within one working day if you use extra priority services.

If your application is complex, it takes longer, for example:

  • If your supporting documents need to be verified.
  • If you need to attend the interview.
  • Because of your personal circumstances (for example, if you have a criminal conviction).

You can stay in the UK after applying for a visa as long as your visa application application expires before your visa expires.

If you change your job

You may need to re-apply for a Tier 2 (General) visa if:

  • You want to change jobs and your new job is with a different employer.
  • Change your job to a standard job classification code (SOC), and you are not graduating from a training program.
  • You quit a job that is on the to-do list for a job that is not on the list.

You do not have to reapply for a visa if you are still in your previous job, but your job has been removed from the list of low-skilled jobs.

If you are still staying with your current employer, but your job will change to another job, you do not need to apply for a new visa, for example you want to change your job to another job with the same SOC code, or your salary has been increased. Be.

You must have a new certificate of financial support and you must meet all the requirements to be eligible for a visa application, but you do not need to provide evidence to support your application if you have already applied for a Tier 2 work visa.

If your current residence permit is still valid, you can work for your previous sponsor until your employment date begins on your new sponsorship certificate.

You do not have to start your new business until you have received your biometric residence permit with your new permit.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments