* Request an extension
Extend your visa
You can apply for a second-class (athlete) visa to extend your stay.
Your application must include all the dependents on your current visa. This includes children who have turned 18 during your stay. They must also submit a separate request.
You must apply before your current visa expires.
Eligibility for a visa extension
You must have approval from your country’s sports governing body and a new financial support certificate reference number.
How long can you stay?
You can extend your stay with a 2nd degree (sports) visa for 3 years and 14 days.
You must leave the UK after this time. You can only reapply for this visa under one of the following conditions.
- 12 months have passed and your previous certificate of financial support has been granted for less than 3 months.
- Be able to show that your gross annual salary is pounds 159,600 or more.
How to extend your visa
You need to apply online as an individual or as a family group.
You have to pay 20 19.20 to get your biometric information (fingerprints and photos). You will be told how to do this after you apply.
If your visa is successfully extended, you will obtain your biometric residence permit.
how long does it take
Decisions are usually made at the following time intervals:
- If you use standard services, the decision will be made within 8 weeks.
- If you use priority services, the decision will be made within 10 working days.
- If you use Super Priority Services, the decision will be made within one business day.
If your application is complex, it takes longer, for example:
- If your supporting documents need to be verified.
- If you need to attend the interview.
- Because of your personal circumstances (for example, if you have a criminal conviction).
You can stay in the UK after applying for a visa as long as your visa application application expires before your visa expires.