(Standard Visitor Visa)
Standard Visitor Visas
If you want to visit the UK for the following reasons, you can apply for a standard tourist visa:
- For fun and leisure, such as vacationing or visiting family and friends.
- For business or attending sporting and artistic events.
- For private treatment.
The standard tourist visa has replaced the following:
- Family visit visa
- Ordinary tourist visa
- Visit to visit a child
- Business visitor visas, including visas for academics, doctors and dentists
- Sports tourist visa
- Commercial tourist visa
- Future Entrepreneur Visa
- Private treatment visitor visa
- Verified Destination Status Visa (ADS)
If you are visiting the UK for business
If you are planning to visit the UK in a business-related area, you can apply for a standard tourist visa, for example if you want to come to the UK for the following conditions:
- If you are coming to the UK for a conference, meeting or training.
- If you want to participate in an event related to a particular sport.
- If you are an artist or musician and you come to England to perform a program.
- If you are a student researching or collaborating with other students on study abroad programs.
- If you are a doctor or dentist coming to the UK to join a clinic or post office.
- If you want to take the PLAB or the Objective Structured Clinical Assessment (OSCE) test.
Things you can or cannot do:
- Participate in all the activities related to the mentioned business within the framework of the tourist laws.
- Unless this is the main reason for your visit, spend up to 30 days training.
- Participate in a currency exchange program or study tour (if you are under 18).
- Cross the UK during your trip.
You can not:
- Do work for or without pay.
- Live in the UK for long periods of frequent visits.
- Use government grants.
- Get married in the UK.
How long will it take to get a standard visitor visa?
The fastest time you can apply for this visa is 3 months before the trip.
If you plan to travel on June 15, you can apply from March 16.
You will be notified of your visa decision within 3 weeks.
How long can you stay in the UK with a standard tourist visa?
You can usually stay in the UK for up to 6 months.
You may be able to stay longer if:
If you are coming to the UK for private treatment. Up to 11 months.
If you are a student coming to the UK for research and study opportunities. You and your spouse can stay in the UK for up to a year. (Cost pounds 186)
Visit the UK regularly if you need to
If you need to visit the UK regularly, you can apply for a standard long-term tourist visa valid for 2, 5 or 10 years. You can stay in the UK for up to 6 months per visit.
If you are under 18 when applying for a visa, your standard long-term tourist visa will be valid for up to 6 months after you turn 18.