Rate this post

* Overview

* Qualification

* Knowledge of English

*Documents that you must provide

* How to apply

* Request an extension

*Change your current visa to this type of visa

*Family members


Who is eligible for this type of visa?

To receive a general student visa, you must meet the following conditions:

  • Have an unconditional offer from a reputable Tier 4 visa sponsor to study.
  • Having enough savings to meet our needs and pay for your course – the amount of this fee varies depending on your circumstances.

Your degree

You can take one of the following courses:

  • A full-time course leading to at least a Level 6 degree in the Office of Examinations and Competencies (Ofqual register).
  • A part-time course that results in at least a Level 7 degree in the Office of Examinations and Competencies (Ofqual register).
  • An overseas course with a diploma level equivalent to a UK higher education course run by a foreign higher education institution.
  • A full-time course with at least 15 hours of organized daily study per week, leading to at least a Level 3 degree in the Office of Examinations and Competencies (Ofqual register).
  • A basic program known as a doctor or dentist.
  • An English language course at B2 level or higher in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.

Doctors and dentists

If you are sponsored by an individual to carry out a well-known basic program and have the following, you can apply for a general student visa:

  • Recognized British degree in medicine or dentistry.
  • Obtain this certificate from a valid sponsor of a Tier 4 visa.
  • Have completed your final year and have at least one more year of study in the UK with a degree.

Certificate of Admission to Study (CAS)

Your sponsor will send you a reference number called a Certificate of Admission (CAS) when he or she offers you a course of study. You must enter this confirmation in your visa application.

You must apply for your visa less than 6 months after receiving the CAS.

If you have already studied in the UK

If you apply from within the UK, you can only receive CAS under certain conditions.

If you are continuing your education

You can get CAS if you meet the following conditions:

  • Retake courses you failed to take.
  • For the first time, you have applied to a new institution to complete the course you started at an institution that has lost its 4th degree sponsorship.
  • In order to complete your education, you have applied for an extension of your stay and intend to pursue a work or study program abroad or in the future. (Or want to spend).
  • You are completing a PhD (PhD in Engineering) or any other doctorate you have just begun with a fourth-degree student visa.
  • After you have started working as the head of student affairs and the student union, you have applied to complete your education with your fourth degree student visa.
  • Continue to study for a degree in medicine, dentistry, or medicine after completing a centralized course.

If you have started a new course

If your degree is one of the following, you can receive your CAS:

  • At an academic level higher than your previous course.
  • At the same level as the previous course and related to your previous course or profession. Your degree must be the same or higher at a higher education institution (HEI).
  • Be related to the medical, medical, or dental science course you started with a Tier 4 student visa.

If you are applying for and applying for a job in the UK

If you apply for a visa under one of the following conditions, you can receive your CAS.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments