Rate this post

* Overview

* Qualification

* Knowledge of English

*Documents that you must provide

* How to apply

* Request an extension

*Change your current visa to this type of visa

* Family members


Family members

If your family members (relatives) are outside the European Economic Area or Switzerland, they can apply to join or stay with you.

Your relatives include one of the following:

  • Spouse (partner).
  • Children under the age of 18 – if born during your stay in the UK.

If one of the following is true, you can request to bring one of your relatives:

  • You are supported by a higher education institution in a level seven course at the Office of Examinations and Competencies (Ofqual register) or you are taking a course that lasts more than 9 months.
  • You are a new government-sponsored student for more than 6 months.
  • You are a student of a PhD extension plan (a plan that allows the student to stay one more year to find a job).

Bank Account

You must prove that your family members will be supported by you as long as they are in the UK.

Each member of your family should have the savings available to them. This is in addition to the amount you need to bring with you to finance yourself.

The amount you need depends on the following:

  • Length of study.
  • Where in the UK are you studying?
  • Where in the UK did you study or are you studying?

You must have proof that this amount of money has been in your bank account or your relatives’ bank account for at least 28 days before you or they apply for the visa.

If this is a student loan or official sponsor, it does not need to be available 28 days in advance or in your bank account, but you should receive confirmation stating that the money is available on time.

Before applying for a visa, carefully read the complete list of documents that must be submitted, as well as the amount paid per family member.

Relatives applying from outside the UK

Your family members must apply online.

Your family members must have their personal fingerprints and photographs taken at a visa application center (for a biometric residence permit) as part of their application.

They must obtain a biometric residence permit within 10 days of their arrival in the UK (even if they arrive later than the scheduled date).

Depending on which country they are in, you may be able to get your visa or other services faster.

Family members applying for a visa from the UK:

You must apply for a visa for your family members at the same time as your visa is extended or changed.

If it is not possible for you to apply for a change or extension of your visa for your family members at the same time, they can apply at another time.

Family members who have entered the UK on a tourist visa cannot apply for this type of visa from within the UK.


Amount payable per person:

  • pounds 475 for a visa.
  • Additional treatment costs (costs will vary depending on the situation).
  • pounds 19.20 for biometric information (fingerprints and photos).

If you want to receive the result of your visa extension faster than the standard mode, you must pay the following amounts according to the conditions of priority or super priority:

  • If you want to receive the result of your visa extension within 10 working days, you have to pay 7 477 for priority services.
  • If you want to receive the result of your visa extension within one working day, you have to pay pounds 610 for super priority services.

Visa Application

Your family members, including your spouse and child, must apply online.

Your children born in the UK

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments