To obtain a Tier 1 (Talent) visa, you must be certified as a Leader (Talent) or Emerging Leader (Prospective Talent) in one of the following areas:
- Digital technology
- Fashion and style of clothing
- Movies and TV
How to get confirmation
You can apply online.
If you are a digital technology specialist, you must also apply for a Tech Nation visa.
How long does it take to get a visa?
You will usually receive the visa application result within 8 weeks.
If you are a digital technology specialist and meet one of the following requirements, you will usually receive your visa application result sooner:
- You have been accepted into one of the UK’s most recognizable accelerator projects.
- You are a member of a senior management team with experience in building and developing digital technology businesses.
- You plan to work and live outside of Greater London.
If you meet one of the following conditions, you may receive the result of your visa application faster:
- Have a peer-reviewed peer-reviewed fellowship.
- At a UK university or college or research institute, be a senior faculty member or senior researcher, ask your employer if your role is eligible to apply for this visa.
If your application for approval is accepted, you will receive an email from the UK Home Office with a copy of your confirmation letter. You will need this letter to apply for your visa.
You must apply for a visa within 3 months of receiving your confirmation letter from the headquarters.