(Tier1 _ Exceptional Talent Visa)
Tier 1 Talent Visa
If your field of work is eligible and you are certified under one of the following headings, you can apply for a Tier 1 (Talent) visa:
- Prominent and well-known leader (brilliant talent)
- Emerging Leader (Future Talent)
Visa application process
There is a two-step process for obtaining this visa.
You must first apply for approval as a leader or emerging leader in your particular field of work at the UK Home Office.
After receiving the confirmation, you can apply for this visa.
The quota for accepting this visa application from April 6 of each year to April 5 of the following year is 2000 applications.
Usual time to obtain a visa:
Once confirmed, the earliest time you can apply for this visa is three months before the travel date.
Example: If you plan to travel on June 15, you can apply for a visa on March 16.
If you apply outside the UK, you must receive the visa application result within 3 weeks.
How long can you stay in the UK?
Maximum length of stay in the UK:
- 5 years and 4 months if you apply for a visa outside the UK.
- 5 years if you apply for a visa in the UK.
You can apply for a visa for a period of up to 5 years of your choice. You only have to pay for the medical service for the time of your choice.
You can apply for an extension of this visa for another 5 years.
You can apply for permanent residence in the UK with the following conditions:
- 3 years with a talented visa.
- 5 years with a promising talent visa.
Things you can do and things you can’t do
Things you can do:
- When hiring an employer, work as a CEO or self-employed.
- Change of job without notifying the British Home Office.
- voluntary work.
- Travel outside the UK and back.
- Bring family members with you.
You can not:
- Use the public budget.
- Work as a doctor, a trained dentist.
- Work as a professional athlete or sports coach.