Rate this post

(Tier 4 _ Child student visa)

* Overview

* Qualification

*Documents that you must provide

* How to apply

* Request an extension

*Change other visas to this type of visa


Student visa for children (4-17 years old)


If you are between 4 and 17 years old and want to attend a private school in the UK, you can apply for a student visa for children (fourth tier).

You should also do the following:

  • Enroll in a course.
  • Satisfy your parents or guardian.
  • Have enough money to pay for your training and living expenses.
  • Be from a country that is not in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland.
  • Have other necessary conditions.

To continue living in the UK, you and your family will be able to apply for an EU Housing Scheme. The project will be fully implemented by March 30, 2019.

Usual time to obtain a visa:

The fastest time you can apply for a visa is three months before the start of your training.

You can carefully study the visa application period for your country.

How long can you stay?

The age and duration of your training course will determine the length of your stay.

Your age when you receive residency

Under 16 years of study (extendable up to 6 years) plus four months thereafter.

16 or 17 years of study (extendable up to 6 years) plus four months thereafter.

You can go to the UK:

If your course lasts 6 months or less, you can be in the UK one week before the start of the course.
If your course lasts more than 6 months, you will be able to be in the UK one month before the start of the course.

What you can and cannot do

you can:

  • Study in a private school.
  • Apply for a visa from outside the UK.
  • Extend your stay.

Also, if you are 16 years old or older, you can work under the following conditions:

  • Work part-time for up to 10 hours a week during the course.
  • Work full time on weekends.
  • Internship as a stage of the training course (do not exceed 50% of your training period).
  • Work for two years as the student union student affairs officer.

You can not:

  • Study at a university or local board of trustees school or at another training college.
  • Receive money and services from the British government.
  • Have a full-time job or have a job of your own.
  • Work as a doctor or dentist on an internship.
  • Act as a professional athlete (for example, a sports coach) or an actor.
  • Stay in the UK with this visa.
  • Have family members (relatives) with you, if your parents want to be with you, they must apply for a fourth-row parent visa for school children.


0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments