Rate this post

(Short-term study visa)

* Overview

* Eligibility

*Documents that you must provide

* How to apply


Short-term student visa


If you are applying for a short-term student visa, you must meet the following conditions:

  • Study short-term courses in the UK.
  • Live outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland.
  • Have all the requirements for a public visa.

You cannot apply for this type of visa if you are eligible for UK citizenship. For example, if you have dual nationality, you should apply for citizenship instead of this type of visa.

What you can and cannot do:

you can:

  • Take a short course like English in the UK.
  • If you are studying abroad, spend some time researching in the UK.

You can not:

  • Study in a public school.
  • Work (including internship or work experience) or doing any business.
  • You cannot renew your visa.
  • Bringing family members (“relatives”) with you – each of them must apply separately.
  • Receive government funds.

How long can you stay?

You can stay in the UK for the following periods:

  • 6 months – for any short-term course (including English language courses), or short-term research courses if you are 16 years old or older.
  • 11 months – If you are 16 years old or older and taking an English language course.

How long does it take

You can apply for your visa up to 3 months before the date of your trip to the UK.

You will be notified of your visa decision within 3 weeks.

→ Next


0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments