Rate this post

* Overview

*Apply for a visa as a partner or spouse

* Apply for a visa as a parent

*Apply for a visa as a child

*Applying for a visa as an adult coming to the UK to be cared for by relatives

* Apply for a visa based on your personal life

* Knowledge of English

* Provide proof of income


Apply for a visa as a parent

You can apply to live with your child in the UK.

Your child must meet one of the following conditions:

  • Must be under 18 years of age on the visa application date.
  • Their first visa application was under the age of 18 and their life is not independent of yours.

If your child has left home or is married, or has children, then he or she has an independent life.

Your child must be resident in the UK. One of the following conditions must also apply to him:

  • Be a British citizen.
  • Permanently resident in the UK (have “indefinite residence” or permanent residence documents).
  • If you are applying for a visa in the UK, your children must have lived in the UK continuously for 7 years and it would be unreasonable for them to leave.

If you are eligible to apply for a visa as a partner, you must apply for a visa as a partner instead of as a parent.

Responsibility and custody of children as parents

You must have absolute or joint custody of your child.

If you share your child’s responsibility and custody, your child’s other parents should:

  • Not your partner.
  • Or a British citizen or a permanent resident of the United Kingdom.

Prove the conditions that are necessary

You must be able to prove that you have an active role in raising your child and that you intend to continue to take an active part in raising your child after applying for your visa. For example, you can send letters from your child’s school or dentist as follows:

  • Your child’s school should confirm that you have taken your child to school and are attending a parent-teacher meeting.
  • The dentist will confirm that you are taking your child to the dentist on time.

In addition you must prove:

  • You have sufficient knowledge of English.
  • You can finance yourself and your child without asking for help from government funding.

If you do not meet the above conditions, you can also apply for an extension of your residence permit if:

  • Your child is a British citizen or has lived in the UK for 7 years.
  • Leaving the UK is unwise for your child.

How long can you stay?

You will receive a residence permit for 2.5 years. After this period, you must apply for an extension of your stay.

How to apply for a visa

To apply for this type of visa, please first complete the relevant assessment form.

Your answers will be reviewed by our partners and if you are eligible to receive this type of visa, you will be notified of the next steps of this process by e-mail or phone.

You can also ask your questions at the bottom of this page. We will try to answer your questions as soon as possible.

Contact us for information about this type of visa or other items.

Apply for a visa with other children

You can add your other children to your visa application if they meet the following conditions:

  • Must be under 18 on the application date.
  • Be the first to apply for a visa under the age of 18 and not live independently of you.

When can you stay permanently?

The earliest you can apply for permanent residence (called “indefinite residence”) is after 5 years of legal residence as a parent in the UK.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments