Rate this post

(Tier2 _ Intra company Transfer visa)

* Overview

* Eligibility

* Documents you must provide

* How to apply

* Request an extension

*Change your current visa to this type of visa

* Family members


In-company transfer visa


If you meet the following conditions, you can apply for a Tier 2 visa (transfer within the company):

If your employer is outside the UK and assigns you a role or task of your company in the UK.

If you are outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland.

You meet other eligibility requirements.

Get a sponsor

You must be hired by a valid (authorized) sponsor to apply for residency in the UK.

Your sponsor will check to see if you can do the job for which you were hired and if this will qualify you for a visa. The sponsor will provide you with a certificate of financial support for verification.

They should also give you other information you need when applying for a visa, such as how much you will be paid.

Types of in-company transfer visas

There are two types of in-company transfer visas.

Long-term employees

Apply for this visa if you are moving to a role in the company that requires previous work experience for the company.

You must have worked for your company for more than 12 months, unless they pay you 73 73,900 or more for a year in the UK.


This visa is for transfer to an internship program for specialized roles. You must be a recent graduate and have at least 3 months of experience working with your employer outside the UK.

How long does it take to get a visa?

This date is on your certificate of financial support. The fastest time you can apply for a work visa is three months before your start date.

You will be notified of your visa decision within 3 weeks.

Examine the guidance process carefully to find out how long it may take to obtain a visa in your home country.

Health surcharge

You must also pay the surcharge for health services as part of your visa application. To find out how much you have to pay before applying for a visa.

If you are applying to extend or change your visa and are based in the UK

You will have to pay pounds 19.20 to get your biometric information (fingerprint and photo).

Decide on your visa application faster

If you are applying to extend or change your visa and are based in the UK, you can pay the following additional amounts to make the decision on your visa faster:

– pounds 477 to take advantage of priority services to get a visa within 10 business days.
– pounds 610 to take advantage of high priority services to get a visa within one business day.

How long can you stay in the UK on a public work visa?

You can come to the UK with a Tier 2 visa (in-house transfer) for the maximum time specified for the type of visa or the time specified in your sponsorship certificate, whichever is shorter.

The maximum stay for each type of 2nd row visa (in-company transfer) is as follows:

  • Long-term employees (if you earn more than pounds 120,000 a year): 9 years
  • Long-term employees (if you earn less than pounds 120,000 a year): 5 years, 1 month
  • Intern: 12 months

You can start your stay 14 days before the start date on your sponsorship certificate.


If your starting date is July 15, the earliest time you can start your stay will be July 1.

You can apply to extend your stay in the UK based on the maximum time allowed for your visa type.

What you can and cannot do with a Tier 2 visa (in-house transfer)

You can do the following:

  • Work for your sponsor in the job described in your sponsorship certificate.
  • You can have a second job in the same profession and level of your main job.
  • You can volunteer.
  • You can take a course of study and training, as long as it does not interfere with the work for which you are supported.
  • You can travel outside the UK and come back again.
  • Bring your family members with you.

You can do the following:

  • You can not receive public funds.
  • You cannot start work before getting a visa.



0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments