Rate this post

* Overview

* Eligibility

* Documents you must provide

* How to apply

* Request an extension

*Change your current visa to this type of visa

* Family members


Family members

When you come to the UK on this visa, your family members (relatives) can come to the UK with you.

If you are from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland, you or your dependents must apply to join or stay with you.

Affiliates include:

  • Your partner.
  • Your child under 18 years old.
  • Children 18 years of age or older, if previously registered as dependents in the UK.

Before applying, read the Request for Affiliate Guide.

Savings (bank account)

You must prove that your affiliates are financially supported while in the UK.

This is in addition to the 45 945 you need to support yourself. Each of your dependents, whether individually or with you, must have a balance of pounds 630.

You must prove that you have a balance and it has been in your or your dependents’ bank account for 90 days prior to applying for your visa or theirs.

For example, if you want to take your spouse and 1 child with you, you have to have 2 2,205 (9 945 to support yourself + 30 630 for your spouse + 30 630 for your child).

You do not need to prove your finances if you have any of the following:

  • You do not need to prove your finances if you have any of the following:
  • Have a certificate of financial support that indicates that your sponsor will provide at least 30 630 a month to pay for one month if you need one of your dependents.


Examine the cost of your visa carefully.

Dependents applying for a visa from outside the UK

– They must apply for this type of visa online.
– As part of the visa application process, they must bring their fingerprints and a photo taken at the visa application center (for a biometric residence permit).

They must obtain a biometric residence permit within 30 days of arriving in the UK.

– They may be able to get their visa or other services faster depending on which country they are in. Check the visa application center carefully.

Dependents who want to apply for a visa from within the UK themselves

Your dependents must renew or change their visa to stay with you while they are in the UK.

Your family members can apply online if they are one of the following:

  • Partner (spouse)
  • Child

Your dependents can submit their application at the same time as you or on the next date.

Family members who have a visitor visa cannot apply under the name of your dependents from within the UK.

Biometric information

Each person has to pay pounds 19.20 to get biometric information (fingerprints and photos) from them. After applying for a visa, they are told how to do it.

If their application is successful, they will receive a biometric residence permit.

Children born while you are in the UK

If you have children while you are in the UK, you can apply for a visa to allow your child to stay.

If you want to travel with them in and out of the UK, you must submit this request.

When you apply, you must provide each child with a full UK birth certificate (birth certificate) showing the names of both parents.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments