Rate this post

* Overview

* Eligibility

* Documents you must provide

* How to apply

* Extend your visa

* Change to this visa

* Family members


Family members

If your family members (“dependents”) are citizens outside of Europe or Switzerland, they must apply for a visa to join you or stay in the UK.

Affiliates include any of the following:

  • Your partner.
  • Your children under 18 years old.
  • Children over the age of 18 currently residing in the UK as dependents.

Family members must pay extra for medical services as part of applying for a visa. Checkhow much they have to pay before applying for a visa.

Dependents applyingfor visas outside the UK

Your family members must apply for a visa online.

Your family members must register their fingerprints and photo as part of their application at one of the visa application centers (biometric residence permit).

They must obtain their biometric residence permit within 10 days of the date they are said to arrive in the UK.

Depending on the country from which they apply for a British visa, they may be able to obtain a visa or other services more quickly. Check with the Visa Application Center.

Applying for a Visa for Affiliates in the UK

If your family member intends to apply for a visa at the same time as you, your online visa application for a visa extension or replacement with a Tier 1 (Talent) visa may include your dependents.

If they want to extend or change their visa at a different time than you do, they can do so:

  • Apply for a visa online – as your partner.
  • Apply for a visa online – as your child.

Your family members can not apply for this visa with a tourist visa in the UK.

Biometric information

Everyone applying for a visa must also pay pounds 19.20 for their biometric information (fingerprints and photos). How to get biometric information will be announced after applying for the visa.

If your dependents’ visa application is approved, they will receive a biometric residence permit.

Children born during your stay in the UK

If you have children during your stay in the UK, you can apply for a residence permit. You must apply for this permit if you plan to leave or travel to the UK with children born in the UK.

When applying for a permit, send a full UK birth certificate, including both parents’ names, to each child.

You can apply online for children born during your stay in the UK.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments