* Family members
If you are from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland, you or your dependents must apply to join or stay with you.
- Your partner.
- Your child under 18 years old.
- Children 18 years of age or older, if previously registered as dependents in the UK.
Before applying, read the Request for Affiliate Guide.
Savings (bank account)
You must show that your affiliates are supported while in the UK.
There should be 6 630 for each dependent (family) whether they apply separately or with you. This is in addition to the 45 945 you need to support yourself.
You must prove that you have this money, and it has been in your or your dependents’ bank account for 90 days before applying for your visa or theirs.
For exampleIf you want to take your spouse and 1 child with you to the UK, you must have 2 2,205 (45 945 for support + 30 630 for your spouse + 30 630 for your child).
You do not need to prove your finances if you have any of the following:
- You do not need to prove your finances if you have any of the following:
- Have a financial backing certificate stating that your sponsor will pay each of your dependents at least pounds 630 a month to pay for them if needed.
Dependents applying for a visa from outside the UK
– They must apply for this type of visa online.
– As part of the visa application process, they must have their fingerprints and a photo taken at the visa application center (to receive a biometric residence permit).
They must obtain a biometric residence permit within 30 days of arriving in the UK.
– They may be able to get their visa or other services faster depending on which country they are in. Check the visa application center.
Dependents who want to apply for a visa from within the UK themselves
Your dependents can apply for an extension or change of their visa to stay with you if they are already in the UK.
Your family members can apply online if one of the following:
- Partner (wife, husband).
It is best for your dependents to apply at the same time, but they can apply at a later date.
Family members who have a visitor visa cannot apply from within the UK as your dependents.
Each person has to pay pounds 19.20 to get biometric information (fingerprints and photos) from them. After applying for a visa, they are told how to do it.
If their application is successful, they will receive a biometric residence permit.
Children born while you are in the UK
If you have children while you are in the UK, you can apply for a residence permit.
If you want to travel with them in and out of the UK, you have to.
When you apply, you must provide a complete UK birth certificate for each child showing the names of both parents.