Rate this post

* Overview


* Documents you must provide

* How to apply

* Request an extension

*Change your current visa to this type of visa

* Family members


Family members

If you live outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland, you or your dependents must apply to join or stay with you.

Affiliates include:

  • Your partner.
  • Your child under 18 years old.
  • Children 18 years of age or older, if they have previously been your dependents in the UK.

You must submit a request to your affiliates at the same time as your request. Read the guide and related information before requesting.

They must also pay a surcharge for health services as part of their visa application. Check how much they have to pay before applying for a visa.

If they have already paid the health service surcharge, they must complete their visa application by July 5, or (otherwise) they may have to pay twice and receive our previous payment.

Savings (bank account)

You must prove that your affiliates will be sponsored while in the UK.

There should be pounds 630 for each dependent who has applied for a visa with you or separately. This is in addition to the 45 945 you need to support yourself.

You must prove that you have this money, and it has been in your bank account or that of your dependents for 90 days prior to your or their visa application.

For example, if you want to take your spouse and 1 child with you to the UK, you have to have 220 2205 (45 945 to support yourself + 30 630 for your spouse + 30 630 for your child).

Affiliates applying from outside the UK

Your family members must apply online.

They must bring their fingerprints and photographs taken at a visa application center (to obtain a biometric residence permit) as part of their application.

They must obtain a biometric residence permit within 10 days of the announcement that they will arrive in the UK (even if they arrive later than the scheduled date).

Affiliates requesting from within the UK

Affiliates requesting from within the UK

If they want to extend or change their visa at another time, they must do one of the following:

  • If they want to extend or change their visa at another time, they must do one of the following:
  • Apply online as a child.

Family members who have a visitor (tourist) visa cannot apply under the name of your dependents from within the UK.

Biometric information

Each person has to pay pounds 19.20 to get biometric information (fingerprints and photos) from them. . Upon request for a visa, they will be provided with relevant and additional information.

If their application is successful, they will receive a biometric residence permit.

Children born while you are in the UK

If you are in the UK and have children, you will be able to apply for a residence visa.

If you want to travel domestically and abroad with a child born in the UK, you must apply for a visa.

When you apply for a visa, you must provide a complete UK birth certificate with your parents’ name on it.

You must apply for a UK-born child visa online.


Replace your current visa with this type of visa

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments