Rate this post

* Overview

* Eligibility

* Documents you must provide

* How to apply

* Request an extension

*Change your current visa to this type of visa

* Family members


Documents you must provide

When applying for a visa you must provide the following:

  • Your financial support certificate reference number.
  • Bank statement or letter indicating that you have sufficient personal savings unless your certificate of financial support indicates that you are sponsored by your sponsor.
  • Current passport or other valid travel document proving that you can travel. For a visa you need a blank page in your passport.
  • If you need to show your travel history, you will need expired passports or related documents.
  • If you are from a country where you need to have a TB test, you will need TB test results.

Depending on your circumstances, you may need to provide additional documentation.

You must provide an official translation of any documents other than English or Welsh.

Proof that you worked for your employer outside the UK

Upon your request, you may be asked to prove that you have worked for your employer for a certain period of time.

The duration depends on the visa you are applying for.

  • Visas for long-term employees earning pounds 73,900 or less – 12 months
  • Visas for long-term employees earning more than pounds 73,900 – with no minimum time
  • Visa for internship – 3 months

If you are asked, you must prove that you paid your employer during this time. You can prove this by the following methods:

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments