UK Startup Visa
UK Startup Visa: You can apply for a UK Startup Visa if:
- You want to start a business in the UK
- You are outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
- You meet other eligibility requirements
How to get a UK startup visa approved
You must be verified by one of the virtual entities, which is one of the following:
- A higher education institution in the United Kingdom
- A business organization with a history of supporting UK entrepreneurs
You need to be able to show that your business idea includes the following:
- A new idea – you can not join or invest in a company that is trading
- Innovative – You have to have a core business idea that is different from anything else on the market
- Suitable, with growth potential
How long does it take to get a UK startup visa?
The earliest time you can apply is 3 months before the trip.
If you plan to travel on June 15, you can apply from March 16.
You must make your visa decisions within three weeks of applying from outside the UK
UK Health Startup Visa Extra Fee
You must also pay for health care as part of your application. Check how much you need to pay before applying.
How long can you stay with a UK startup visa?
You can stay in the UK for 2 years with a startup visa.
You can not apply for an extension of this visa.
If you meet the following conditions, you may be able to change it to a Grade 1 (Entrepreneur) visa:
- Complete your second year on a Grade 1 Visa (Graduate Entrepreneur)
- In your second year, turn your Grade 1 Visa (Graduate Entrepreneurs) into a Startup Visa.
If your confirmation is withdrawn
Your visa may be shortened if you do not receive confirmation. If you want to stay longer, you will need to reapply before your current visa expires.
You can only stay in the UK for a total of two years if you have received a new visa with a new confirmation
What you can and cannot do with a startup visa
- Take family members with you
- Transfer to this visa from some other visas
- In addition to working in your own business, do other work as well
You can not:
- Get the general budget
- Work as a trained doctor or dentist
- Work as a professional coach, for example a sports coach