* Extend your visa
You can apply for a visa extension if:
- The organization that approved you has not revoked your approval.
- You can provide evidence that you are currently working in your field. Guidelinesprovide a complete list of plausible evidence.
- You must renew your visa before it expires.
How long can you stay in the UK?
Tier 1 (Talent) visa can be extended for a maximum of 5 years.
How long does it take
You can get your visa as follows:
- Within 8 weeks if you apply online or by mail in the UK.
- Within 3 weeks if you apply outside the UK.
If your visa application is complicated and takes longer, you will be contacted, for example:
- The documents you provide need verification.
- You need to be present for the interview.
- Because of your personal circumstances, for example having a criminal record.
If you apply for a visa extension before your previous visa expires, you can stay in the UK until the results are announced.