(Standard Visitor Visa)

(Academics Visa)

Standard Visitor Visas

* Overview

* Qualification

*Documents that you must provide

* If you are under 18 years old

* How to apply

* visa renewal



If you want to visit the UK for the following reasons, you can apply for a standard tourist visa:

  • For fun and leisure, such as vacationing or visiting family and friends.
  • For business or attending sporting and artistic events.
  • For private treatment.

The standard tourist visa has replaced the following:

  • Family visit visa
  • Ordinary tourist visa
  • Visit to visit a child
  • Business visitor visas, including visas for academics, doctors and dentists
  • Sports tourist visa
  • Commercial tourist visa
  • Future Entrepreneur Visa
  • Private treatment visitor visa
  • Verified Destination Status Visa (ADS)

If you are visiting the UK for business

If you are planning to visit the UK in a business-related area, you can apply for a standard tourist visa, for example if you want to come to the UK for the following conditions:

  • If you are coming to the UK for a conference, meeting or training.
  • If you want to participate in an event related to a particular sport.
  • If you are an artist or musician and you come to England to perform a program.
  • If you are a student researching or collaborating with other students on study abroad programs.
  • If you are a doctor or dentist coming to the UK to join a clinic or post office.
  • If you want to take the PLAB or the Objective Structured Clinical Assessment (OSCE) test.

Things you can or cannot do:

you can:

  • Participate in all the activities related to the mentioned business within the framework of the tourist laws.
  • Unless this is the main reason for your visit, spend up to 30 days training.
  • Participate in a currency exchange program or study tour (if you are under 18).
  • Cross the UK during your trip.

You can not:

  • Do work for or without pay.
  • Live in the UK for long periods of frequent visits.
  • Use government grants.
  • Get married in the UK.

How long will it take to get a standard visitor visa?

The fastest time you can apply for this visa is 3 months before the trip.


If you plan to travel on June 15, you can apply from March 16.

You will be notified of your visa decision within 3 weeks.

How long can you stay in the UK with a standard tourist visa?

You can usually stay in the UK for up to 6 months.

You may be able to stay longer if:

If you are coming to the UK for private treatment. Up to 11 months.

If you are a student coming to the UK for research and study opportunities. You and your spouse can stay in the UK for up to a year. (Cost pounds 186)

Visit the UK regularly if you need to

If you need to visit the UK regularly, you can apply for a standard long-term tourist visa valid for 2, 5 or 10 years. You can stay in the UK for up to 6 months per visit.

If you are under 18 when applying for a visa, your standard long-term tourist visa will be valid for up to 6 months after you turn 18.

0 0 رای ها
Article Rating
اشتراک در
اطلاع از
بازخورد (Feedback) های اینلاین
مشاهده همه دیدگاه ها